Never Stop Learning is the website that provides the resources and the know-how to transform your teaching into awesome learning for your students!
Hi! I’m Carol McNally, experienced teacher and mentor. What are you looking for?
I launched my YouTube Never Stop Learning channel in January 2018, featuring literacy video lessons for learners of all ages.
This website, however, is for TEACHERS! By teachers, I don’t mean just people who are employed as professional educators…I mean anyone who formally or informally works with learners in supporting their literacy development: school teachers, homeschool teachers, tutors, parents, grandparents—literally anyone who cares about and is interested in helping kids become awesome readers and writers!
A little about me…
Well, I’m a retired teacher who just can’t seem to stop teaching. In my more than two decades as a teacher I:
- Worked to develop a system for instructionally coaching teachers by incorporating literacy instruction in all content areas
- Developed original teacher resources that were used across grade levels and content areas
- Wrote differentiated and aligned curriculum and assessments for middle school students
- Mentored and supported teachers one-on-one, in small groups (grade-level team), and in professional development settings
- Coordinated and developed a rigorous program and curriculum for middle school Gifted/Talented (advanced/accelerated) students that differentiated instruction for and coaxed students to greater success (my students consistently have gone on to the top 10% of the high schools they attend)
- Excelled at leadership roles in school improvement and instructional development
- Continually used data to inform and plan differentiated instruction for students
My formal education includes:
- Purdue University – Graduate Certificate in Gifted, Creative, and Talented Education
- University of Connecticut – Confratute
- Western Michigan University -Master’s in English with an Emphasis in Teaching
- Western Michigan University- Bachelor of Science & Teacher Certification
My professional affiliations include:
- Third Coast Writing Project, Western Michigan University
- West Michigan Literacy Council
- Learning Network® Trained and Experienced
- Cognitive Coaching® Trained and Experienced
Notable professional recognitions include:
- Education Excellence Award for Staff Development from Michigan Council of School Boards, High Impact Literacy Strategies (Staff Development)
- Educational Equity Award, American Association of University Women of Battle Creek
- In EDUTOPIA, “A School-for-Scribes Program Turns Kids into Novelists”
Some of my professional presentations include:
- Inquiry in the middle: Using an inquiry framework to foster continuous literacy development. Michigan Council of Teachers of English, Lansing, Michigan with L. Freedman & R. Abbott
- Literacy & Inquiry, Michigan Council of Teachers of English, Lansing, Michigan with Brett Sellers
- Literacy Strategies to Support Science Learning. Third Coast Writing Project at Allegan High School
- Numerous staff presentations on topics including reading, writing, literacy, vocabulary, differentiation, etc. in the school district with which I was employed